Henry and Jane Joneson Fund

photo (1)

The Joneson Family first moved to Tomahawk April 1922 driving a team and a wagon from Chipman, Alberta. Levi and Stella Joneson settled on a quarter section West of Tomahawk at that time Levi had, seven horse, a sulky plow, disc, harrows, two wagons and fifteen dollars in his pocket. Not long after their only son Henry was born. Henry started in registered Polled Shorthorn cattle in 1957. Over the years the Joneson family farm grew and 1972 the Jonesons bought the J.A. Buchanan far; expanding their total acreage to 960 acres.

In the early eighties Henry met his wife Jane. Jane moved up from the United States to be with Henry. She was a school teacher by trade and  would later become the principal of Lindale School.

Henry was predeceased by his wife and died shortly after. The legacy Henry and his wife Jane leaves is, the one his family has built in Tomahawk. The Henry and Jane Joneson Endowment Fund is a designated fund with grant to serve the Community of Tomahawk.